Tuesday 8 May 2007

Island

The Department was formally accepted into the Scilands group at their weekly meeting last Thursday, and I ordered the DIS island with Linden Lab this morning. We are to the south of the Scilands group, near to NASA's Co-Lab, and various other University / governmental non-profit organisations.

Getting accepted was a bit more involved than I'd thought, with our application going through Council and Senate approval before the affirmative answer. Anyhow, we are now in a location which I think should be to our benefit in the future.

I've also registered for the Second Life Community Convention , which is being held in Chicago (August 24-26). Scilands are hoping to present a track in the convention, to which I'll either act as Chair or as a contributor. More about that when Scilands get around to planning it out formally.

No comments: